Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Installing VMware Update Manager 5.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2

As with my previous post, I had to document a recent vSphere 5 install and since I already have the screenshots, I figure I’ll take the time to write this post to show what an install of VMware Update Manager 5.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 looks like.

Open up the VMware vCenter Installer and select VMware vSphere Update Manager:

image

The installer will launch:

image

image

Proceed going through the wizard:

image

image

image

image

image

image

It’s interesting to note that VMware vSphere Update Manager 5.0 still uses a 32 bit DSN:

image

image

image

If you’re install Update Manager on a drive with less than 120GB, you’ll be prompted with the following warning:

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

… and we’re done.

No comments: